Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Shaggin Wagon!!



We have recently acquired some new toys for our family to play with this summer. One of them being a new camper!!! I must clarify that when I say "new" I mean new to our family. Troy's Grandma decided that since this camper has been parked in her driveway for awhile, and she didn't have any plans to use it, she would give it to us!! I believe the camper is a 1978..which is one year older than me! Its a Gem! Its has a TON of character and personality. The decor is fabulous, which its rich colors of red, brown and orange...... vintage, yes that is the word! It even comes complete with a yellow sink, shower and toilet. Remember the old material, the really heavy dark stuff in those "rich" colors that I mention above? That would be what all the curtains are made out of. Well, all but one curtain. We didn't have the camper for long before I decided it was time to start decorating. I grabbed Troy's sister Michelle and off we went to find some fun things for the camper (along with various Febreze items.) We found a great shower curtain, matching towels and rug, and with the great idea from Michelle, and a LOT of help from their mom, we sewed a curtain out of the same material (all pictured below) We knew that we would buy a camper someday, but now we get to start camping earlier than expected. Troy grew up camping with his family, and while I didn't, I do want those memories for our kids. They were SO excited to ride in our new Shaggin Wagon. So, while some people would pass on this vintage and somewhat "Clampet" style camper, I say bring on the camping!!

2 comments:

Dad Stuff said...

That is so cool! Now Troy and I can go to the RV disco ball store and buy some Outdoorwear bell-bottoms.
It all reminds me of something Clark Griswald's cousin Eddie, from the Vacation movies, would have.
Camp on!!!
(Hands in the air)Oowa! Oowa!

Deb said...

YES!! Eddie! Ha, I love it!