Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pay It Forward


My newphew (a junior in high school) left last Friday for "Spring Break" with a group of college students from the University of MN.

I must clarify the definition of his "Spring Break". Patrick boarded a bus with this group of kids last Friday to travel states from here to Texas completing various community service projects. He has had a wonderful experience! He has done projects from building a 5 mile bison fence in Colorado, to working at a "lock in" for "children at risk", and cleaning apartment homes for disabled and single parents.

I'm so proud of him. I'm so proud that he is taking the time to help others, and that he is loving every minute of his trip.

To read about his experience..visit his blog at patrickfogarty.blogspot.com

I love you Patrick!!

3 comments:

Toni said...

ok...I cried when I read his post and now I am in tears reading yours! I am also very proud of him!! and you...are a great sister, aunt and friend!
I love you
T.

P-Fo said...

Awww...thanks for your support! I love you too! See you soon...? Love you, Patrick

Granny Jan said...

Papa and I have been reading your posts as well. You are so talented!! I think you can do just about any thing you make your mind up to do. We'll see you on the BIG stage someday and your stories published also. Will try again to answer in your blog but for some reason it will not accept so I have changed my password and will try again. Love to all!