Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Happy Birthday Madison!!

Today my baby turns 10. Wow, 10 years that have flown by so fast. I brought her Subway at school today. And DQ treats for her class.

I walked in, and she says "look its my awesome mom"! "She is the coolest"! "I bet you all wish you had a mom as cool as mine"! And then, we sat down to eat, and kids started fighting over who got to sit by me. Okay, so it didn't go exactly like that, but at the age of 10 she does still hug me in front of her friends. She doesn't get embarrassed when I come to school, and I'm pretty sure that she does think that T man and I are pretty cool. Can you blame her??

I always hugged my mom and dad in front of my friends. I never went through that "my parents are so embarrassing" phase. I also told them I loved them everyday...sometimes more than once a day. If you get the chance, hug your mom or dad today, or call them and tell them you love them. Just because. Just because someday you may not have that opportunity.

For Grammy Jan and Papa....a big thank you from Mad Dog. She will be calling. We are just waiting so they can both call.

For those of you who don't know, (not sure who that would be, but just in case) We celebrate two birthdays, two days apart. That means two 10 year olds in two days. Its almost to much to take, when you want them to be 3 again. I can't imagine what it will feel like when we have two 16 year olds in two days. Oh my!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh the tweenage years.. i was a lovely tween.. but my dad was a couple hours late with my car (.. and by a couple hours i mean 2 months before my birthday) and my little fangs started breaking through the gums.. but i'm sure your little angels would never dream of acting like me! they know just how affordable 2 cars in 2 days will be:) please extend a dinner intvite to the big guy.. don't tell him that my island outlet isn't working and that he is expected to make homeade spaghetti sauce!! these things will just pop up after he enters the house;) LOVE to you, tman and the tweens!! you are my beautiful. period.

Unknown said...

oh yes and happy birthday maddy!

P-Fo said...

madison has the nicest mother! Tell her (since you forgot to call me back, so I could sing) that I said happy birthday, and I will see her friday!!! Love you, patrick

Deb said...

Stacy, in your words, we heart you too! I will certainly tell him that you are making a 6 course meal, and that he is to bring only his handsome self. Then you can suprise him with the rest.

Patrick, so sorry we didn't call you back. I did tell Madison that you called for her 4 times. :) You are just the greatest cousin. Hope for good weather so that you can come Friday!