Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Friday!

Good Morning, and happy Friday.

So, they are talking about a monster storm hitting us this weekend. At times they make it sound like feet of snow, and rain and blizzards, and getting stuck in your home. My personal opinion? We will end up with somewhere around 4 inches (WOW!!) and be stuck driving with a bunch of idiots. They are everywhere. Now, don't get me wrong. I'm ready for winter to be over...I want sun and 80's just as much as the next person. The fact is; its only the end of February and no matter how you look at it, we have plenty of winter to go. Having said that...I'm ready for feet of snow!!! It would be nice if it could hold off for all the travels this weekend. I never said the snow had good timing.

So, I went to my very first Meat Raffle last night!!! I bought some tickets, and then some more....and never won a thing. It was an enjoyable evening though. I do struggle with the way this place does things....we entered the establishment at around 6:45 or so, to find two men standing in the doorway checking IDs, and charging $6 cover. For what? For the band that is going to start playing in about 2 1/2 hours! So anybody who stopped in for the meat raffle or even to eat dinner had to pay $6 to get in the door...even if they wanted nothing to do with the band that was going to be playing hours later. I have to say I'm not much of a fan of this place. I did find out much later that if you leave before the band starts you will get your $6 back, but I still find that to be a pain.

No comments: